Hon. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah (MP), Western Regional Minister Writes:
First, let’s take the impossibility mindset away.
- You don’t need a bank loan to start a business.
- People come together to form investment clubs with little money in the stock market, and partnerships to raise capital at no interest rate to finance projects or ideas.
- We need to be truthful and trust ourselves to be able to work together with our monies and share the profit equitably and properly.
- We need to have the integrity to succeed. Most Ghanaians want to cheat their investors or friends. That problem is not a government or a bank matter, it is the people’s matter.
- Dreams are part of the planning process, too much government makes us lazy. We need to think outside the box and look for the loopholes that will make us succeed. Successful people deliver on the NEEDS of people. As an entrepreneur, don’t go into areas people don’t urgently need.
Market women who have built all the big-story buildings at Effiekuma, Assakae, Airport Ridge, Kwesimintsim, Apowa, etc., are not connected to big men and politicians so we should not allow our entitlement mindset to wander on that path.
Family wealth was created by someone, by past family members, so create your own by cutting your coat according to your cloth. While people are saving and investing their money other people are doing expenses that don’t grow their money but just enjoy it and when it gets finished they say avenue doesn’t exist in the country. Every opportunity has to be used well. Even Free SHS.
My grandmother created her wealth from the market corn mill while she had eleven (11) children. Business is always the only key to unlocking and creating wealth. So find something to do with your money even if it is small and let it generate cash flow.