The Founder and Managing Partner of CQ Legal, Cynthia Quarcoo, a lawyer known to be Sarkodie’s Private legal adviser, passed away today, June 21, 2023.
The cause of the lawyer’s death has not yet been revealed; however, according to other sources, she suffered a short-term illness that led to her demise.
Mrs. Quarcoo is known in the showbiz industry as she has worked with other artistes aside from Sarkodie and has also been a panelist on radio and TV. The news has broken down celebrities who expressed their condolences in a few words in their tweets.
Sarkodie’s wife, Tracy Sarkcess, couldn’t utter many words as she was hit by the news, hence, she just represented her words with emojis of a dove and a broken heart. The photo is monochrome (black and white) and features her, Sarkodie, and his daughter Adalyn Owusu Addo, known as Titi.
Popular Ghanaian musician Edem tweeted, “Eternal rest in Power and glory.”
She is also known to have worked with the likes of Rocky Dawuni, Stonebwoy, Edem, Stephanie Benson, Reggie Rockstone, Bisa Kdei, and Samini among others.
The Founder and Managing Partner, Cynthia Quarcoo, has extensive experience as a Corporate and Finance lawyer in Ghana and the United Kingdom.
Cynthia has over 15 years’ experience representing institutional clients. Cynthia is an experienced corporate/commercial lawyer with finance experience with specialization in the energy, financial and infrastructure sectors.
An economics and business graduate, Cynthia’s early career as an Analyst at PriceWaterHouse Coopers has strengthened her ability to provide clients with commercially sound legal advice.
- Acted as Co-counsel for the Ministry of Finance on the successful 2021 USD 3 billion Government of Ghana (GOG) Sovereign Bond.
- Acted as Co-counsel for the Ministry of Finance on the successful 2020 USD 3 billion Government of Ghana (GOG) Sovereign Bond.
- Acted as Co-counsel for the Ministry of Finance on the successful 2019 USD 3 billion Government of Ghana (GOG) Sovereign Bond.
- Advised the lead arranger on a USD 400 million syndicated loan for an energy project in Nigeria.
- Advised the borrower on a USD 85 million syndicated loan facility.
- Facilitated, as part of a multi-professional team, the raising of a USD 20 million refinancing package for a US commodities company through their Swedish-German Advisers, SVN.
- Advised on a project finance structuring on a USD 1.5 billion joint venture coal to power infrastructure deal.
- Part of the team that reviewed rationalisation of energy sector Power Purchase Agreements, Gas Sales Agreements, Put/Call Option Agreement, Government Consent Agreements and other related documents on behalf of the Government of Ghana
- Represented the borrower in sensitive negotiations relating to USD 1 million loan facility which involved the negotiation of bank facilities, security documentation, priority documentation and interest rate swaps. – (CQ Legal)