Close Menu
The1957News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • International

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

NDC petitioners demand review of Youth Organiser age limit

May 15, 2026

Defence expert rejects verbal assignment of mineral rights in Wontumi’s Samraboi trial

May 15, 2026

9 trapped in Konongo mining pit collapse, rescue underway

May 15, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The1957NewsThe1957News
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • International
The1957News
News

Two scrap dealers beaten to death for alleged child theft

By Political DeskMarch 18, 2026
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

Two scrap dealers have been beaten to death by an angry mob at Ntensere in the Atwima Nwabiagya North District of the Ashanti Region over allegations that they attempted to steal a child.

The incident, which highlights the persistent menace of mob justice in parts of the region, occurred when the victims visited the community to purchase scrap materials.

According to eyewitness accounts and local authorities, the two men, identified as Alhasan and Nagolo, were accused by residents of trying to abduct a three-year-old child. The suspicion rapidly escalated into violence, with the mob assaulting the pair before they could explain themselves. The victims were beaten to death, and their motorcycle was subsequently set ablaze.

Saramatu Zackaria, the Unit Committee Vice Chairperson for the area, confirmed the tragic event to Adom News. She explained that she was attending a wedding when she received news of the mob action in her electoral area.

“I rushed to the scene, but before I arrived, the victims had already been killed, leaving their lifeless bodies behind,” she said.

Madam Zackaria strongly condemned the act and appealed for calm, urging residents to allow the police to handle such matters through proper legal channels. She emphasised the importance of restraint and adherence to the rule of law to prevent such senseless killings.

The Ashanti Regional Scrap Dealers Association has expressed deep outrage over the incident, describing it as part of a disturbing and recurring pattern of attacks on its members based on unfounded accusations.

“This is becoming too frequent in the Ashanti Region. Our members are often attacked based on false accusations. We are not thieves; people should stop killing us,” said Alhaji Abdulai Gagala, President of the Association.

He called on security agencies to act decisively to protect scrap dealers and bring the perpetrators to justice, warning that mob justice could victimise anyone falsely accused.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Political Desk
  • Website

Related Posts

Defence expert rejects verbal assignment of mineral rights in Wontumi’s Samraboi trial

May 15, 2026

9 trapped in Konongo mining pit collapse, rescue underway

May 15, 2026

‘You have covered your head with a sack and claim you’re a judge’ – Why Abronye has been charged and remanded

May 15, 2026
Don't Miss
Politics

NDC petitioners demand review of Youth Organiser age limit

Three members of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have called for a review of age…

Defence expert rejects verbal assignment of mineral rights in Wontumi’s Samraboi trial

May 15, 2026

9 trapped in Konongo mining pit collapse, rescue underway

May 15, 2026

Tension in Ejisu NPP as executives accuse regional rep of interference

May 15, 2026
Top Posts

Global Securities Finance Industry Generates US$829 Million

December 6, 2022

Max International holds leadership training in Accra with CEO Joseph Voyticky

May 12, 2022

Asamoah Gyan Praises Twellium Industrial company Products being beyond International Standards.

May 13, 2022

Five Online Shopping Safety Tips – Coupons Gh

May 13, 2022
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

The1957News Is Ghana’s Trusted Information Source, Delivering Timely Reports On Leading Political Figures, Entertainment, Sports, And Business.

Email Us: info@the1957news.com
Contact: +233 24 586 5939

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube TikTok Snapchat Threads
Our Picks

NDC petitioners demand review of Youth Organiser age limit

May 15, 2026

Defence expert rejects verbal assignment of mineral rights in Wontumi’s Samraboi trial

May 15, 2026

9 trapped in Konongo mining pit collapse, rescue underway

May 15, 2026
Most Popular

Global Securities Finance Industry Generates US$829 Million

December 6, 2022

Max International holds leadership training in Accra with CEO Joseph Voyticky

May 12, 2022

Asamoah Gyan Praises Twellium Industrial company Products being beyond International Standards.

May 13, 2022
The1957News
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • International
© 2026 The1957News. Designed by King Bygone's Media.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.